Sunday 13 September 2015

... and the winner is ...


The Ghosts of Altona by Craig Russell ...


I'm absolutely thrilled for Craig Russell on his winning the Bloody Scotland Crime Novel of the Year.

... Russell said: “It goes without saying that I am absolutely delighted that The Ghosts of Altona has won the Bloody Scotland Crime Novel of the Year.
“I was very happy simply to have been shortlisted for the second time – which I took as a sign that I must be doing something right.
“The fact that the Bloody Scotland award is founded on the recommendations of readers themselves makes it a very special, very significant accolade – and to win out of a shortlist like this year’s, which included some of the finest crime writers in Scotland, is a huge, huge honour.
“I think it’s significant that a novel so clearly not set in Scotland can win the Bloody Scotland award.
“One of the greatest things for me in my career has been the success my novels have had abroad – the third Fabel film will be screened on ARD1, Germany’s equivalent of BBC1, exactly one week after the award – and you could argue that The Ghosts of Altona is as un-Scottish as you can get, but I actually believe that there is no more Scottish a trait than to look out into the world, to have an interest in others like us, and unlike us.’
Journalist Magnus Linklater issued this statement on behalf of the panel of judges:
“Despite an exceptionally strong shortlist, the judges’ decision was unanimous this year – we were all very impressed with The Ghosts of Altona...
Source: Daily Record - Read the full article here: Daily Record Article

It's a fabulous read so get your copy now ! Waterstones

You can read my original review here: Review of The Ghosts of Altona

The Ghosts of Altona is currently available in hardback and published in paperback on, 24 Sep 2015 (Quercus)


Disclaimer: I am a huge fan of Craig Russell (aka Christopher Galt) and his Lennox, and Fabel series, and stand alone title, The Third Testament (aka Biblical)


No comments: