Wednesday 6 June 2018

TEASER TUESDAY GRINGA by Joe Thomas


It is very easy to play along:
Grab your current read and open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page being careful not to include any spoilers!  Share the title and author, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here are my teasers this week:
“What you say your name was again? …What, you his cão de guarda or little bitch?  I’m kidding, caralho, relaxa.”
GRINGA by Joe Thomas
Genre: Grit-lit, crime-noir, 
Pages: 280
Publisher: Arcadia Books Ltd (Feb 2018)

São Paulo, 2013: a city at an extraordinary moment in its history.

Gringa, with shades of Don Winslow and James Ellroy, is a portrait of São Paulo in all its harshness and dysfunction, its corruption and social divisions, its kaleidoscopic dynamism, its undercurrent of derangement, and its febrile, sensual instability, executed with a deep knowledge of the city’s anatomy.

My Thoughts:
I requested a copy of Gringa from NUDGE-New Books for reviewing as the description, depicting a dark gritty storyline, and dangerous encounters with mean gringoes, certainly appealed to my darker reading side whereby I could experience it all-be-it from the safety of my sunny summer house and comfort of my sofa. Having just finished my previous ‘teaser’ read, I’ll be starting Gringa sometime this afternoon and can’t wait to get started.


No comments: