Monday 4 August 2014

Taste of Beirut : 175+ Delicious Lebanese Recipes from Classics to Contemporary to Mezzes and More by Joumana Accad


Taste of Beirut : 175+ Delicious Lebanese Recipes from Classics to Contemporary to Mezzes and More by Joumana Accad

Published by HCI Books

US Publish Date: September 2, 2014
UK Publish Date: October 10, 2014

ISBN: 978-0757317705
Paperback : 320 Pages
£16.99

Rating: 5 out of 5

"A culinary masterpiece of authentic dishes from the Mediterranean and Middle East."

Firstly, a big thank you to the Publisher via NetGalley for allowing me access to a digital review copy of 'A Taste of Beirut' by Joumana Accad.  Although this absolutely has got to be bought in hard copy to appreciate fully, the digital copy was a welcome tease taster.

The recipes are divided into sections including, breads, breakfast, sandwiches, soups, mezzo delights, main dishes, pastries and drinks. All the recipes have easy to follow instructions making them attractive to a beginner to Middle Eastern cuisine as well as the novice.

Joumana has created a stunning debut cookbook with over 150 fabulous recipes inspired by her grandmother, 'Teta' on how to recreate authentic, mouth watering Lebanese dishes. The photographs took me right back to when I lived in the Middle East and experienced the fantastic Lebanese pastries and Lebanese bread.

This is a definite 'must have', hard copy cookery book to add to my collection and I highly recommend it. I can't wait to get making my own fresh bread and make more use the fragrant sumac my friend gave me as a leaving present !

Joumana Accad is the creator of the blog 'TasteOfBeirut.com' which features Lebanese recipes for home cooking.

No comments: