Thursday 19 March 2015

KOLYMSKY HEIGHTS by Lionel Davidson


This one looks like it could be my next favourite read. I'm really excited about reading 'Kolymsky Heights' by Lionel Davidson, published by Faber & Faber and released today, 18 March 2015.

The Waterstones 'exclusive' arrived in store this afternoon and I was immediately drawn to the cover and after reading the blurb just cannot wait to get reading it.

It's already caused a bit of a buzz amongst our booksellers in our other stores so I guess it's also destined to be a winner with other book readers.

Kolymsky Heights is not a new publication, it was originally released in 1995 and received great reviews but seems to have fallen by the wayside until Phillip Pullman rediscovered it and said it was the best thriller he's ever read. Huge praise indeed and I'm so looking forward to what promises to be an exciting adventure.  I'll post a review when I've read it.

Please note that the book cover shown is an exclusive to Waterstones.

No comments: