Friday 12 July 2013

The Postman This Week


The postman knocked twice this week and the rest of my books were either Amazon purchases or library borrows, and just a few books from my backlog in 2 large containers which are awaiting me in the loft. 

I was so thrilled to receive an advanced review copy of Angel City, courtesy of September at Transworld Publishers, and I devoured it within the week.
I will be putting this one up very soon as a Giveaway. It is due for release in September 2013. 

The New Books Magazine mailed me, the Trader of Saigon by Lucy Cruickshanks,  which I'm thoroughly looking forward to reading and again will offer up as a giveaway in the future.




Today I just had to get, Alif The Unseen by G Willow Wilson, Running The Rift by Naomi Benaron, and Kalifah by John Elray


These are just a few of my backlog. Not sure when I'll get round to reading them as I keep being mailed review copies I just can't refuse.

Library borrows are,  Pure by Andrew Miller, an historical novel set in Paris in the 18th Century; Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson, a classic in my opinion of religious excess and human obsession; and Never Fall Down by Patricia McCormick a YA novel based on a boys life in the Khmer Rouge.

No comments: