Thursday 25 July 2013

The Postman This Week

Books courtesy of:
BBC Radio 2 Drive Time with Simon Mayo &
Transworld Publishers,
A Random House Group Company

I was so excited to see what the Postman had brought me today. I was not disappointed.

I received a telephone call on Tuesday from the BBC Radio 2 programme 'Drive Time' with Simon Mayo, to ask me if I  would like to review their book of the month for August. I jumped at the chance and eagerly waited for the post to come. Today, Thursday, the book came and it was one of my choices to read next.  I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes.
Needless to say that I am thrilled.

The book will be reviewed on air with the author, Terry Hayes, on Monday 5th August. Therefore, I'd better get on reading it.

***   ***

Also in the post, I received a fantastic opportunity to review Sandakan A Harrowing True Story of the Borneo Death Marches 1945-5 by Paul Hamm.

Thank you so much September. I know that I'll have to fight off my husband to read this one.

No comments: